Monday, March 23, 2009


I stay at home with my two very beautiful children Joe and Sophia.

In my former life I was a teacher and I sometimes miss having somewhere to go and something to do...but for the most part I am just thankful I have the opportunity to watch them grow...
I have always been a bit artsy. Some of my teenage poems and paintings are a bit painful to look at or read...but hey at least I tried.

My Grandmother was an amazing cook and worked in the service as a cook most of her life...I remember the desserts she baked, the most; they were always so delicious. Grandma's kitchen always smelt amazing, of sugar and cinnamon, and was always warm...I can still picture it, and where everything was placed...down to the salt and pepper shaker shaped like a green donkey with sacks on his back.

I always wanted my kids to see me and my husband cook and appreciate food. So they would feel the same way about our kitchen as I did hers.

A desire to make really special cakes for their birthdays and important milestones is what brought my cake making about. I found out I was pretty good at it!
It allows me to get a bit artistic and also cook with my children, they love watching and Joe has decided to become a chef...I am sure he will change his mind a few times before he finally decides what he wants to be, that's fine by me.

I cook my cakes from scratch, I use the best ingredients I can, and organic if possible.
I spend a long time on each cake to make sure I am proud of the result, and know I did my best.

I always imagine the face of the little boy or girl as they are shown the cake, and that's what makes it special for me...if I can make those kids feel the same way I did every time I went to Grandma's and was given another of her delicious desserts, I am a happy girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment