Saturday, April 4, 2009











A lovely lady contacted me asking if I could do a welcome baby cake, for a family of boys (plus the new and happy Mom). They liked all things mechanical particularly trucks and cranes.
As many of my cakes are very girlie, this was a perfect opportunity to make something a bit different. Though my 18 wheeler was short of a few wheels, it was fun to make...i imagined an Arizona dessert road with cactus, tumble weed and clear blue skies...this is where my imagination took me.....





1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Thank you so much for the lovely (and ohhhh so delicious cake). Our friends loved it and it was perfect in celebrating the arrival of their new son. It was such a pleasure meeting you and I can't wait to see what you do cake-wise in the future. You have incredible talent! Not only do the cakes look good, but they taste as good as they look. We will be back with cake orders for each special occasion. Thanks Katie!

    ReplyDelete